In 2018, South Dakota crime generally followed patterns set by previous years, according to new data released by the South Dakota Attorney General’s Office. Murder numbers are down, but rape, kidnapping and other violent crimes are on the rise. Others, like drug arrests, have remained steady.
Here are the biggest takeaways from last year’s crime report.
1. The total number of arrests have increased.
2. Murders and murder arrests have decreased statewide.
3. Rape arrests are down, but reported rapes have increased and children are the most victimized.
4. Kidnapping arrests have increased.
5. Drug arrests have remained relatively the same from last year.
Read the full story at the Argus Leader